Friday, July 15, 2011

Always A Price To Pay

Galatians 6:7-8 (NKJV) Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Things can be so fun and exciting that it's easy to forget that there is always a price to pay.

Take a day in the life of Joey 'Jaws' Chestnut. Don't know who he is? He's a competitive eater who recently won the annual Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest at New York's Coney Island. He won hands down by eating 62 hot dogs in buns in just 10 minutes. He's the champion this year! What a feat! He made national headlines with just 10 minutes of competition.

How much did it cost him to win? Well, the price was free. He didn't have to purchase them. But the nutritional cost was staggering. Ready? That 10 minute binge on 62 hot dogs adds up to:

19,158 calories
1,246 grams of fat
2,170 grams of cholesterol
42,408 grams of sodium

Not too good for his body, that's for sure! What's true in the physical realm is true in the Spiritual realm. There is always a price to pay for our actions. Sometimes it's reaped as a benefit, but other times it's received as a consequence.

Pray for wisdom this week with the decisions that are before you and make those decisions unto Jesus, and Him alone.

By Grace,
Pastor Ed

The Truth in Living Color

I'm always amazed how the Lord works. I'm at a job now where my manager seems to have a pre-conceived notion about my skill-set, and I am constantly being yelled at for not doing things the correct way. I feel like I'm always messing up at everything in this job, and I can never do anything right, and I'm really just not getting the proper training from her that I need. This e-mail really shows me that I need to stop worrying about earthly training, and I should more focus on my spiritual training. I put far too much faith and concern into my job and employers, and I'm always disappointed. I need to learn to let it all go, and at least twice when I'm at work, or when I'm being verbally attacked by her, to just consult the Lord, and let Him handle it. Just like Hezekiah, I just need to show the Lord what's happening, and see how He works. Great message on the Holy Spirit this past Wednesday, by the way. So encouraging!

No comments:

Post a Comment